Advertising

   As an avid reader of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar, I sometimes look through the runway fashions and think to myself, "Honestly, who would wear that?" This seems to be a common response because the styles are just so, out there. Couldn't they have just gone with the simple fall/winter looks? They would've looked great! But designers can't just go with the trends of the season, they have to go above and beyond even if it makes their models look outrageous.

   But why do they have to stand out so much? If their designs are standing out, then they're receiving press. And more press means more sales on their clothing, not particularly the ones shown on the runway but their whole collections' sales pick up. Alexander McQueen for example would have wild things on his runway models like the shoes Lady Gaga is always wearing, but he had some normal clothes available too. Designers have to think, "Well, how am I going to get the public's attention?" And as a result of this, they tend to go a bit crazy.
   So when looking through November Vogue, I'll try to think twice when I see some strange styles. When readers come across bizarre ads, it makes them remember the brand which is the tactic used to attract buyers. It's all just a trick to make you buy their clothing, so have a super Wednesday! That's all for now
XOXO ZM

0 Response to "Advertising"

Post a Comment