Rated R

   Featured on the cover of this month's Interview magazine, Rihanna has not only topped the charts in music, but in fashion as well. With peculiar clothes and ever changing hair styles, keeping it simple isn't exactly her forte. When it comes to style, Rihanna knows how to make it work.

   The Barbados-born sensation tells Interview, "In the beginning of my career, I didn't have a lot of input in what I wore and stuff, but it was a very, innocent, girly look," she says. "Then after we put out Good Girl Gone Bad, it kind of became a darker, edgier look, and then it got even edgier on the last album Rated R And now...I'm over the whole structured clothing, overly shoulder-padded sh**. I like stuff that's easy without trying too hard. I don't like stuff that's too contrived. I'm not into trends or trendy style anymore."
   Surely Rihanna has gone through a fashion revolution just as many other stars have. She's experimented with trends and created looks of her own which exemplify why she's such a super star. People tend to judge her based on her over the top looks when in actuality, she's never boring. As Coco Chanel once said, "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." I think Rihanna lives by this standard..
   For this good girl gone bad, impressing others isn't her goal. Rihanna's style is true to herself and what she believes in. Although people will always make negative remarks, she keeps up the craziness. Covered in tattoos, the twenty-two year old is all about her edginess. Her music, her style and her all around attitude support this to be true. With a new hit album, a kickin' new style and yet another magazine cover under her belt, the outrageous pop star will continue to stun the public for years to come.
XOXO ZM

   


0 Response to "Rated R"

Post a Comment