White House Correspondents' Dinner [2012] Fashion

On Saturday evening, Washington D.C. welcomed A-list celebrities along with the country’s political royalty for the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner. With celebrities including Eva Longoria, Charlize Theron, Kim Kardashian and even Reese Witherspoon, the capitol was shining bright. Formal gowns, jumpsuits and knee-length ensembles were all present at the event, and each attendee was dressed just right for the occasion.
Charlize Theron went for a 'faux-nude' look with a lacy gown by Emilo Pucci and a flesh-clored slip underneath. As one of my favorite celebrities and always one of the best dressed, I wasn't surprised at how Charlize was able to pull off this look. This gown could have the potential of being timeless and classy, or the complete opposite, and she works all of the elements to make it look as classy as possible. Since the dress is detailed, her hair looks perfect styled simple. Paired with a heavenly pair of Manolo Blanhik heels and a Judith Leiber clutch, it's my favorite, and many others' favorites, from the event.
 Something that's nice about the WHCD is that there is no definitive dress code. Women can choose between either long gowns or knee-lenth party dresses for the event. On the flip side of Charlize Theron's look, we have Eva Longoria and Sofia Vergara. Longoria went for a short, white Marchesa autumn/winter 2012 catwalk collection gown. This dress was embroidered and structured perfectly to fit her body. The look is sleek, while still having detail and being appropriate. Opposite Eva Longoria was Sofia Vergara sporting a Monique Lhuillier "little black dress". The look was simple, and overall it was so chic. Black dress, black pumps, black clutch and minimal jewelry kept it low key, yet very noticeable. Both looks get an A+.
There's nothing I love more than a red dress worn right, and that's just what Elizabeth Banks was flaunting Saturday night in D.C. The actress looked to London Fashion Week designer Antonio Berardi for this bold strapless gown with a pleated peplum. As I've said before, peplum is my favorite spring trend! It's simple, yet so chic. A little peplum goes a long way when it comes to the structure of a dress. In addition, I think the red was a perfect hue to wear to such an American event, am I right? It's pretty, it's bright, it's style brilliantly, and it stood out. There's nothing else Elizabeth Banks could've done right. 
_______________________________
Everyone who attended the White House Correspondents' dinner was dressed to the nines, but these four looks stood out to me. The other journalists, celebrities and politicians all seemed to blend together, wearing similar styles. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I applaud Charlize, Elizabeth, Eva and Sofia for being unique and thinking outside the box when it came to styling for the event. I might not be politically savvy, but ask me to critique style at a political event, and I'm your girl.
Who knows, maybe I'll even be there someday...
xx, ZM

PHOTOS COURTESY OF THE TELEGRAPH UK.

0 Response to "White House Correspondents' Dinner [2012] Fashion"

Post a Comment