:: The Ultimate Spring Cleaning DIY ::

   Ah yes, spring cleaning is upon us. Reorganizing desks, closets, bags, etc. Whatever space you're cleaning, I bet it's sidetracked you for some time now. I've been rearranging things on my blog and within my email, too, and it's caused a small hiatus. But no worries, I'm back now and all my time and attention is here! Sorry for slipping away for about a week, my spring cleaning (as far as the blog) is complete. My next task? Creating a prettier, neater work space for myself with easy access to my favorite fashion books and magazines right there. A small storage bin, or two, on my desk would be nice too. I've found a lot of decor goals on pinterest, like the one pictured right to the side. Everything from the wall to the absent color of the desk fill my desire for simplicity. My room is a light pink, so I'm just about as simple as it gets, too. I think what I need to do is make more room at the top of my desk and put the unnecessary books, folders, picture frames, etc. to the side. Another thing I want to strive for is a big, bold inspiration board like the one in the photo to the left. Cutting out trends from the pages of magazines and hanging up notes is a constant remind to a blogger of what she's there to do, and sometimes I need this extra boost to sit down and do my work. Not to mention, an inspiration board done right can take a room from boring to chic in a matter of seconds. And that's what I'm looking for - simplicity with a wild side.
   Right, spring cleaning, that's what we're talking about. My first step to spring cleaning came a little early this year, about a month ago, and it was all about getting rid of extra magazines that were just hanging around. I must've had over a hundred Vogues, Harper's Bazaars and ELLEs sitting in my bookcase collecting dust. From time to time I had tried to arrange them nicely, but every time it ended with me stacking them to save space. Pretty shabby, especially for a blogger, I know. But once I recycled most of the magazines - I kept my foreign and September issues - I had enough space to work with. I stacked fashion books and put framed pictures on top, and did the same with magazines. Throughout my room I have about five stacks of five to six magazines, and it's so much neater. I'm loving it. It's given my room a more sophisticated, neat look. If you're having the same problem, I have some advice. Devote a day to cleaning! Gather bags, and use heavy duty ones because my magazines tore through just about every paper bag I tried... Oops! Look through some of the issues before tossing them because you can find some great inspiration for your blog, the design of your home, and anything really. Lots of outfit inspiration, too. Magazines are filled with millions of ideas and pictures worth 1,000+ words, so give them one last, thorough look before saying goodbye. You've got to love something before you set it free, right? Then, save around twenty so you can have little stacks scattered throughout your room/house, whichever you're redecorating. Once they're neatly composed into piles, find a vase for a few piles and add flowers! This is a great look. The magazine and flower look is very chic, and a key of modern design. Scroll through features on The Coveteur and that's all every famous fashionista has in his/her home. Anyhow, another option for on top of a magazine or book stack is a picture frame. I have two stacks like so in my room, and they look great. It's a colorful look, but it's neat so there isn't too much going on. And oh, if you're not in the mood for flowers, go buy a faux flower set from a store like Homegoods, put it on top and leave it forever. You won't have to worry about watering them! As far as ridding your bookcases and desks of magazines, this is all I have to say. Make an effort to be chic, neat and trendy in your design. Your space looks best when it's stylish.

Once your spring cleaning is complete, your room(s) will be just like you pictured in your mind: perfect. Hard work pays off, especially when you have to look at it every day. That's what makes it worth it. Happy spring to all of you fabulous followers, I hope you're inspired. Make your space exactly how you imagine it, make goals. Remember, simplicity with a wild side.
- Stylishly yours -
xx, ZM
IMAGES VIA PINTEREST


0 Response to ":: The Ultimate Spring Cleaning DIY ::"

Post a Comment