Weekend Obsession [featuring] Vineyard Vines

I'm a prep at heart, and this dress is just screaming my name. Of course it's by Vineyard Vines, and it's called the Carolina Stripe Strapless Dress. The colors are patriotic, but subtle. I love this style dress for summer, too; strapless, but appropriate, and just above the knee. Pictured, the model paired it with flip flops, but I would definitely wear Jack Rogers or even a conservative pair of wedges with this. I'm not really a flip flops kind of girl, but suit yourself. Stripes and polka dots are both very "in" and both designs make an appearance on this dress. I like how they blend in together, as if the sequences of polka dots are supposed to look like stripes. Hmm, perhaps they are? 
I have this dress in mind for a summer party, or maybe even a school event. Since I'm graduating next month, I have countless end-of-the-year events coming up, and this dress would be perfect for something like that. It's a casual day dress, but with a strand of pearls and [like I mentioned] a pair of wedges, this would be a pretty ensemble for dinner, too. Vineyard Vines is good at that kind of versatility, that's why I love the brand. Or how about planning your Fourth of July outfit early? The patriotic accents in this is destined for the fourth. Quick change out of your bathing suit and throw this on. Paired with beach waves and a tan, this dress would look very Vineyard. Maybe that's what I'll do... 
Anyhow, I digress. This is my obsession of the week! I can picture myself in it, and I'm sure if you have an appreciation for a preppy style, you're loving it, too. Another idea: if you're going on a date or to an event with your significant other, so many VV ties match this dress and you and your gentleman will steal the show. Just a thought! I don't think my boyfriend would go for the idea, but perhaps yours will? It's worth a try. If you have other ideas for ways or place to wear this fabulous number, comment below, I'd love to read your input. I'm signing off. Hopefully by next week this will be hanging in my closet. 
Have a very preppy weekend.
xx, ZM
IMAGE COURTESY OF VINEYARD VINES

0 Response to "Weekend Obsession [featuring] Vineyard Vines"

Post a Comment