The Almighty Topknot

A mere two weeks in college, and I've already figured out quick, easy styles to eliminate time spent getting ready in the morning. Among those styles, is the topknot, also known as a bun placed on the top of one's head. It's simple and chic, and it can last all day long. It sure beats standing in front of the mirror for a half hour trying to curl or straighten your hair, believe me! In just minutes, you can have a sleek topknot and be ready to conquer your day in style.
Just like a normal old bun, a topknot can be worn many ways as well. In order to grant yourself the prettiest and most perfect hairdo, you have to dampen your hair and comb it back three or four times. This will undo any knots or tangles, and gives your hair a clean, fresh look. Then, tie it into a high ponytail near the top of your head. After this is done, you can either braid your ponytail and wrap it around to get a braided topknot look, which is pictured above, or you can twist your ponytail without a braid, and have it look like a classic ballerina bun. If you're going for the classic look, add a headband for a little pop. It'll accessorize your look and keep your hair back at the same time. Sounds good to me. If you've braided your topknot, I'd suggest adding hairspray to keep it in place. Maybe even carry a little bottle with you (I suggest mini bumble & bumble spray) to keep your look as sleek as possible throughout the day. That's that! I told you, it's a simple look. It takes less than five minutes, it looks like a lot of effort was put in, and it lasts you all day. It's especially convenient if you're a busy person and rushing around in the morning. I've found it helpful to utilize this look, and I hope you can try it out, too!
And there we have it, the almighty topknot.
xx, ZM

0 Response to "The Almighty Topknot"

Post a Comment