With Thanksgiving next week, I'm sure many of your are scurrying for decoration ideas. You may be thinking of creative ways to set the dining room table, present your appetizers or even which doormat to use. Well, I'm definitely no home decorating pro, but I like to lend my mom a hand every year when it comes to setting up. If I have a piece of advice, it's that you should definitely add a DIY (do it yourself) for a welcoming and personal accent.
You may be thinking to yourself, "But I'm the least crafty person in the world…" Don't worry, I promise I'm not either. If you saw my handwriting, you would immediately have a headache. There are plenty of little things you can DIY that have a personal touch, and require no artistic ability.
Every year, my mom asks me to make name tags. That's our holiday occasion DIY. She gives me a list of who's coming over and where everyone will be sitting. Then, I work my magic. Normally I find a cute, unique font in a word document, and I type out the names. I'll print them out, and paste them on folded pieces of paper. Voila. It adds a homey feel to the intricate place setting, and people feel welcomed when they see their names on decorated pieces of paper.
Like I said, labels like so are very easy to make. If your guests are serving themselves in a buffet style set up, you could do the same thing with the name tags, except put the name of the food on the card. This saves your guests questions and it's clear what is what. You could also do this with desserts such as cakes and pies. Take a toothpick and put a piece of paper on the top, and stick it on the dessert. This label is extremely adorable and once again, you won't cut into the wrong pie or cake, thinking it's something else.
You may be thinking to yourself, "But I'm the least crafty person in the world…" Don't worry, I promise I'm not either. If you saw my handwriting, you would immediately have a headache. There are plenty of little things you can DIY that have a personal touch, and require no artistic ability.
Every year, my mom asks me to make name tags. That's our holiday occasion DIY. She gives me a list of who's coming over and where everyone will be sitting. Then, I work my magic. Normally I find a cute, unique font in a word document, and I type out the names. I'll print them out, and paste them on folded pieces of paper. Voila. It adds a homey feel to the intricate place setting, and people feel welcomed when they see their names on decorated pieces of paper.
Like I said, labels like so are very easy to make. If your guests are serving themselves in a buffet style set up, you could do the same thing with the name tags, except put the name of the food on the card. This saves your guests questions and it's clear what is what. You could also do this with desserts such as cakes and pies. Take a toothpick and put a piece of paper on the top, and stick it on the dessert. This label is extremely adorable and once again, you won't cut into the wrong pie or cake, thinking it's something else.
A little DIY goes a long way. Make your guests feel warm and welcomed into your home for Thanksgiving. If you already have enough tasks to do setting up for the holiday, have somebody else make them for you, just like how my mom has me do it. It's fun and creative — the farthest thing from a chore. Have fun decorating and remember that your creation will put a smile on each guest's face, and they will all be thankful you went the extra mile to make Thanksgiving meal special and memorable.
Happy DIYing.
xx, ZM
IMAGES VIA PINTEREST


0 Response to "Thanksgiving Decor DIY"
Post a Comment