Fit is Fashionable: Part I

Much like one of my favorite bloggers, Erika Sheffer of Style Activist, I've taken a new path to become more fit and eat healthier. I've always been in good shape and exercising often, but now I'm about to take it more seriously. I'm Greek Orthodox for those of you who didn't already know, and my Lent started yesterday, March 18. Along with not consuming meat on Wednesday and Friday as suggested by the Church, I decided to stop eating desserts and "junk food" as well. Along with this, I promised myself that every day I will take at least an hour and devote it to exercise. Whether it be working out my abs and legs with the help of my Nike Training Club app with my equipment at home or heading to my local Bikram studio for a 90-minute class, I will do it daily. It's all so I can weed out the unhealthy aspects of my life and live in the healthiest body possible. Plus, if I feel better, I'll look better. Who doesn't want to be a fit fashionista? Especially in time for a new season.
You must be thinking and why is she randomly sharing this with us? It's because after two days of eating clean and choosing workouts that work for me, I realized that this is really important and it's already making a different. I swapped out chips and cheesy popcorn for Skinny Pop popcorn which has ten times less calories and no preservatives. I already know what I'll have for snacks tomorrow: a banana, granola, Skinny Pop, and a piece of dark chocolate. It's less about slimming down for me because I'm already lean, but it's more about being healthier, and like I said, living in the healthiest body I'm capable of having. I made Bikram yoga one of my activities because not only do you sweat your heart out, but after 90-minutes of stretching and bending in all sorts of poses, I feel a sense of relief and everything is straightened out. I breath better and I feel stronger and better. It really puts you in control of your body and tests your limits. After practicing several times, you'll be able to see your improvement, and I just find it to be very rewarding. It's like you sweat out toxins and you're just a better person (fitness wise) afterward. Next, I love the Nike Training Club iPhone app because it has countless workouts that exercise just about every part of your body. You can choose to get lean, get strong, get sculpted - whatever you're looking for, you'll find it on the app. All you do it plug in your headphones and listen to when it's time to switch exercises, it's that easy. There are even fifteen minute focused exercises on each part of the body so you can do a lot in a short amount of time. I'm lucky enough to have a "mini home gym" stocked with equipment in my house, so I have a quiet area to work out. I still haven't decided if I want to join the gym down the street and swap to that kind of exercise lifestyle. Who knows! What I have going right now works fine for me, so we'll see. I encourage each one of you to try and change one thing about your daily life to make yourself healthier. It doesn't have to be major or the same things I'm doing, but just pick something, test your willpower, and get healthier and more fit. You'll feel rewarded, and you'll be proud of yourself. 
You can find weekly fitness updates on FIF starting now!
Namaste.
xx, ZM
IMAGE VIA PINTEREST

0 Response to "Fit is Fashionable: Part I"

Post a Comment