A Tale of a Rainy Day

Rainy days aren't my favorite, especially when it's the fifth one in a row. Seattle readers, I don't know how you do it. Major props. But I've tried to make the best of my rainy Saturday and kick the weather to the curb. I ventured out with my brother, visited relatives, and now I'm cozy in my room with my Harper's Bazaar and my latest book. Here, see my day for yourself.
Hunter boots are rainy day saviors. They're tall so your pants don't get all wet, they're sturdy, and the rubber is thick so your feet stay nice and dry. They're my favorite when it's cool outside because I can put the fleece inserts in, and they're navy-colored cable knits that peek over the top -- I love the look. I can jump in as many puddles as I want with my Hunters on, and on a day like today, and the past four days, they're just what I've needed.
Refinery 29: AKA my home. If you're not familiar with it, it's a website with the latest in fashion news. I get a lot of style and even blog inspiration from the site. It features stories on fashion, beauty, living, entertainment and everything a girl like me needs. A lot of the articles are witty, which I also love because I have a pretty silly sense of humor. If you look closely at my other tab, I have on John Mayer Pandora. It's my absolute favorite station, and it's very mellow -- perfect for a day like today. Reading R29 and listening to Mayer-esque tunes is the perfect way to relax and rejuvenate on a stormy Saturday.
As soon as I finish and publish this post, this is where I'm headed. The June/July issue of Harper's Bazaar found its way to my mailbox today and I couldn't be more excited. I just finished reading May so the timing is perfect. And Christy Turlington is gracing the fabulous cover wearing a zebra-inspired piece. And no, not in a trashy, middle school kind of way. Fashion forward zebra print. On top of Harper's is the book I'm reading by Emily Giffin called Heart of the Matter. It's such an emotional book about two women who are brought together by an unexpected accident in a small, Boston suburb. I love a good book, and she's one of my new favorite authors. I'm lucky enough to have a bookworm for a mom, so I can snag her novels once she's finished them.
______________________
Well, it's time to sign off so I can read and relax.
Have a peaceful rainy day!
xx, ZM

0 Response to "A Tale of a Rainy Day"

Post a Comment