Blo South End - Girls Night Out

Thursday evening, my mother and I joined many other Bostonian women at Blo Blow Dry Bar on Columbus Ave. in the South End. The event's main activities featured hair styling from Blo and polish changes by MiniLuxe. The blow dry styling concept is relatively new to the city and very new to me. I had never tried it before, but I got great results. My stylist was energetic, experienced, and engaging. She made it fun! The event was tasteful -- literally, with sweet treats and yummy drinks -- and a percentage of the ticket proceeds were donated to the One Fund to benefit the victims of the Marathon attacks. It was a fun and fashionable girls night out, definitely a night to remember.

Like I said, the whole blow dry bar concept is very new to me. I mean, of course I've blow dried my hair before, but I've never been to a salon specifically for that and not get my hair cut. It was a learning experience. My stylist passed me a "hair menu" so I could choose a style I liked. I went with an updo because my mom always tells me my hair looks best when it's up. It was a fun look and my stylist did an amazing job. I give her credit for teasing my thick hair and keeping it under control.
This was the look I went for. You like? My stylist raised the poof a little bit more for a very sophisticated look. It was out of my comfort zone, and that's what I liked about it. Oh! How could I forget, I had my eyebrows waxed, too. Probably the best eyebrow wax of my life, actually. It wasn't that hot, sticky junk that most people use. The woman who was waxing was a total sweetheart and she gave me a great shape. Overall, I had a great night and my mom did, too. Unfortunately, the Miniluze manicurist packed up early so we weren't able to get our nails painted. Oh well! I've already made up for that small flaw. Extending a big thank you to the girls at Blo, and I encourage each and every one of you to try a blowout style from Blo sometime soon. It's worth it, ladies!
You're not cheating on your hairdresser.
xx, ZM

0 Response to "Blo South End - Girls Night Out"

Post a Comment